Once you have registered for a live trading account, log in with your new username and password on the Global Trader website www.gt247.com. Click on The Wire tab which will take you to the dashboard on The Wire, click on the “Join The Wire” banner to set up your profile.
First up, choose an alias. Your alias will be used to identify yourself amongst the other traders on The Wire and should not be your real name.
Upload a photograph or a picture you like by browsing your personal files to select the image you’d like as your avatar. Once you have selected the image, select “upload” to complete the step.
Depending on your preferences and what you would like to share with the other traders on The Wire, check the following three boxes accordingly. To discover the value in social trading and enjoy the full functionality of The Wire we recommend that you select all three boxes.
What’s Stopping You
If you have completed a What’s Stopping You self evaluation, type in your username in the text box provided. Should you need your memory jogged, we recommend that you contact our client service team to give it to you. Make use of the live chat functionality on our website to get it on the spot!
If you haven’t completed a self evaluation, this profile will give you insight into your trading personality, risk profile, your understanding of investment products and recommend a trading portfolio and other financial products suited to you. It will come in handy to find traders to follow on The Wire who have similar trading personalities to your own.
Profiles like Smart Trader take away unnecessary risks and guesswork from your trading by providing you with solid analysis, research, trade ideas and educational material that you only get if you’re following this profile.
Editing your Profile
Click on the link underneath your profile picture in MY PROFILE should you need to edit your profile’s alias, update your profile picture, change your preferences or update your What’s Stopping You username. Make the required change and select the “Submit” icon to save the changes.
Opt out of The Wire
Click on the link underneath your profile picture in MY PROFILE, scroll down to the bottom of the page that it opens and click on the “Opt out” icon. A pop-up message will appear that asks you “Are you sure you want to opt-out of The Wire”. If you would no longer like to be a member, select “Ok” and if you would like to remain on The Wire select “cancel”. We sure hope you will stay!
Publish your own research on your profile which is automatically shared with your followers and updated on the public dashboard.
1. To publish research on The Wire, click on “Create a research article now” and fill in the research information required. You will need the following details to complete this task:
2. Research title: e.g. BUY Anglo Platinum Ltd.
3. Side: Select BUY or SELL. You open a “Sell” position (go “short”) in anticipation of the underlying market rising and a “buy” (go long) if you open a position with the intention of speculating on a possible rise in the value of the stock.
4. Instrument: Select the financial instrument relevant to your trade recommendation.
5. Target Price: The projected price level at which you would like to exit the existing position to realize the most reward.
6. Stop Loss: The level below purchase price at which you want to automatically close your trade, even though you will be losing money.
7. Take Profit: An instruction to buy or sell in order to close your trade once it reaches a certain level of profit.
8. Attachment: Should you want to include an attachment (e.g. a graphic or chart) click on “Upload” to select the file to add to your research and select “Open” to upload the file.
9. Once you have completed all the requirements, “Save & Publish” to share this with your followers.
Got an opinion? As you place a trade, comment or share your opinion on your trades or others’ as a Chirp and, in return, get expert advice and opinions from the ever growing community. You have to opt-in for Chirps, to do this click on the link underneath your profile picture in MY PROFILE to edit your profile. Under “Preferences” check the box “I want to Chirp when I place a trade” and then select “Submit” at the bottom of the page to save the change.
Chirp on another trader’s trade
1. On The Wire dashboard there is a tab “Chirps” next to the latest research and blog posts (bottom left hand corner).
2. Click on the profile picture of the trade you would like to add your Chirp to and it will open the trader’s profile.
3. To show the Chirps on a particular trade, select “Show/Hide Comments” on the trade.
4. Add your Chirp in the text box provided and select “Post comment” to add it to the trade.
5. Notifications will be sent out to the particular trader’s followers alerting them of the new Chirp.
6. If you receive such an email, click on the name of the trader and it will direct you to the profile with the new Chirp.
Chirp on your own trade
This is not done on The Wire but rather on your trading platform. Immediately after you have placed a trade, a pop-up box will appear with a text box that you can type your Chirp in regarding the trade you have just placed. To post your Chirp, select “Add Chirp” and to delete it choose “Cancel”.
You can also add a Chirp long after your trade by right-clicking on the trade with your mouse and selecting “Add Chirp”. The same pop-up box will appear, add in your Chirp to the text box provided and select “Add Chirp” to post it to your profile.
Follow/Unfollow other traders
You can view the profile of a trader in two ways by clicking on the “view profile” link on the traders you see in The Wire dashboard or by clicking on their profile picture.
• To follow a particular trader there is a “follow” button below their profile picture and you need to click on this to follow the trader’s trades and research.
• To unfollow a trader that you already follow, click on the “unfollow” button below their profile picture and you will be removed from all notifications of their trading activity.
The forums are a platform to share information, give advice, discuss a hot topic and are divided into forums for beginners, intermediate and advanced. Feel free to comment on other traders’ topics or add your own.
Add new topic
1. Click on the forum that you would like to add a topic to – beginner, intermediate or advanced.
2. Click on the “Add New Topic” icon at the bottom of the forum topics.
3. Enter the topic of the post in the “Subject” text box provided.
4. The larger “Message” text box is for your post, there are no word limits so go wild!
5. A tag is a keyword or term associated with the content you are submitting. You can tag your post in the text box provided e.g. CFDs, China, EUR/USD etc. but this is not mandatory.
6. Should you want to include an attachment (e.g. a graphic or chart) click on “Upload” to select the file to add to your research and select “Open” to upload the file.
7. To receive comments to your post as email notifications, you will have to select the check box available in the “Additional Options” drop down.
8. Once you have completed your post, select the “submit” icon to post the topic to the forum or cancel to delete the topic completely.
To comment on a topic
1. At the bottom of the specific forum topic, or at the end of the other comments, there is a text box that allows you to respond to the author of the post.
2. To receive further comments as email notifications, select the check box under the text box. 3. Once you have completed your comment, select the “submit” icon to post it to the forum